TNW INITIATED CHANGES
In order to upgrade, expand, repair and maintain our network, we may be required to schedule an event that may impact your service. We define two types of change control events:
1.1. Scheduled Maintenance
Scheduled Maintenance shall mean any maintenance activities planned during a standard Maintenance Window, which will be service impacting, or may pose a threat to the provided service. Customers shall be notified of any Scheduled Maintenance a minimum of 15 business days in advance of the planned activity. In each case we review and organize the technical procedures to minimize the disruption to your service. Our Network Operations Center tracks each event to conclusion.
TNW Standard Maintenance Window 00:01AM-06:00AM local time (Sunday - Preferred)
Our notification will be emailed to the change release contacts provided during the implementation process. Changes to customer contacts should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Notification will include impacted circuit identifier, date, time, expected duration, planned activity description and a ticket number. A response is not required, however any inquiries may be made by reply to the email notification or by calling the TNW Network Operations Center at 1-800-667-7310 or support@TNWnetworks.com
1.2 Emergency Maintenance
On occasion TNW may need to react quickly to address an emergency issue on the network. Emergency Maintenance shall mean any maintenance which cannot be performed during as Scheduled Maintenance. Emergency Maintenance activities may occur outside of Standard Maintenance Windows, without notification, and may be service affecting. Emergency maintenance is undertaken with the intent of minimizing the overall impact to our customers. Our Network Operations Center tracks each event to conclusion.
Inquiries regarding any change activity may be made by reply to the email notification or by calling The TNW Network Operations Center at 1-800-667-7310 or support@TNWnetworks.com
CUSTOMER INITIATED CHANGES
We understand that our customers may need to make changes to their service.
2.1 Requesting Service Changes
Customers may request changes to an established service by emailing support@TNWnetworks.com
The request should include:
Scope of work
Assigned security code (mandatory)
The customer is solely responsible for the safekeeping of the security code and TNW will take no responsibility for the abuse thereof, including but not limited to fraud and other forms of misrpresentation. If you have experienced changes in personnel, please inform us immediately at the above email address to initiate the process of changing your security code.
Client Services will acknowledge receipt of requested change within 24 business hours. Each change will be reviewed with technical operations, engineering and your Account Executive. Client Services will then confirm change activity with customer, including completion date and provide change fees, if applicable, for approval prior to proceeding with change.
A Customer approved change will engage the change administration process and be billed according to the change management policy and, if applicable, any additional costs incurred for materials and/or labour.
Regular Business Hours - $110/hr 2 hour minimum After Hours - $160/hr 4 hour minimum
Inquiries for customer initiated changed should be forwarded to:
Client Services 1-800-667-7310 or support@TNWnetworks.com
2.2 Customer Maintenance Activities
Customer maintenance activities are important to TNW. We ask that customers provide advance notice of possible service impacting activities. These include but are not limited to, building maintenance activities or customer premise equipment changes. Notice of maintenance activities should be emailed to email@example.com
The request should include:
Date of activity
Planned activity and duration
Customers should report the completion of the planned activity to TNW Network Operations Center at 1-866-244-7475 or firstname.lastname@example.org
TNW may amend this AUP from time to time and will update the revision date on the AUP posted on line at http://www.TNWNetworks.com/aup to indicate when changes have been made. All changes will take effect within 30 days of the date of being posted. CUSTOMER'S CONTINUED USE OF THE SERVICE AFTER CHANGES ARE POSTED WILL BE DEEMED ACCEPTANCE OF THE AMENDED AUP.
Uses and Restrictions
Customer may only use the Service from customer's equipment located at customer's service location as specified in the applicable service appendix signed by customer and TNW. The Services are only to be used for normal business calling purposes such as person to person conversations or voice messages.
Customer is solely responsible for use of the Service provided to it by TNW, regardless if such use occurred without the customer's consent or knowledge.
Customer may not use the Service for any applications which exceed the network resources for which customer has contracted for under the applicable Service Appendix by more than 120%.
The Service may not be used for any activity that violates any local, provincial, federal, international or other applicable law or regulation.
If TNW believes, in its sole discretion, that a violation of this AUP has occurred (whether direct or indirect), it may take any responsive action it deems necessary, including suspending or terminating the Services.
Customer abuse or misuse of the Service or breach of any term contained in this AUP may result in the Service being terminated by TNW.
CUSTOMER IS REQUIRED TO CONTACT TNW BEFORE USING ANY MEDICAL MONITORING DEVICES THROUGH THE SERVICE.
TNW does not warrant uninterrupted use of the Service. Customer is responsible to ensure that any customer provided equipment used with the Service is compatible with the Equipment and the Service. Most importantly, some equipment may not operate if there is a power failure, resulting in customer losing the ability to use the Service, including access to 9-1-1 emergency services until the power is restored. A power failure or disruption in the Service may require TNW to reset or reconfigure the Equipment prior to customer being able to utilize the Service.
Where re-sold telephone service is being provided to customer by TNW, as all or part of the Service: (i) maintenance for the local and long distance telephone service may be provided by parties other than TNW; and (ii) all local and long distance telephone services may be subject to the terms and conditions imposed by the primary service provider (including applicable tariffs) with respect to the Service. TNW reserves the right to provide re-sold local phone service as a TNW local service.
Automatic-Dialing Announcing Devices
TNW enforces all Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission rules on Automatic- Dialing Announcing Devices ("ADAD") and unsolicited voice and facsimile calls made for the purpose of solicitation. The use of ADAD to make unsolicited calls for the purpose of solicitation, or to place calls to emergency lines or healthcare facilities is strictly prohibited. If customer violates these restrictions or those posted by the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission TNW may terminate the Service immediately.
The same restrictions that apply to ADAD apply to unsolicited voice and facsimile calls made for the purposes of solicitation. Persons placing unsolicited voice or facsimile calls to solicit are to ensure that an individual's request not to be called again is respected. The individual's name and telephone number must be removed from calling lists within 30 days of receipt of the request.
1. Customer's name, address and telephone number(s) will be published in the telephone directory for customer's area unless customer contacts TNW to advise it does not wish its information to be published in the telephone directory.
2. In the case of errors or omissions in customer's name, address or telephone number(s) in the directory listings, whether or not the error or omission is with regard to telephone number, address, individual or business name, TNW is only responsible to provide customer a refund or credit of any charges associated with the listings in question for the period during which the error or omission occurred.
Provision of 9-1-1 Access
1. Customer may use the Service to receive access to emergency services through the 9-1-1 service provider. The emergency 9-1-1 fee charged by the municipality may be billed by TNW each month as part of customer's monthly charge for the Service or may be billed directly to customer by the municipality.
2. Emergency 9-1-1 service will not be accessible during any suspension or interruption of the Service, including as a result of a power failure.
Hearing Impaired Assistance
1. Customer will have access to Hearing Impaired Assistance services through the Service. Hearing Impaired Assistance operators are available to assist customer in placing calls to or from persons who use a telecommunications device for the deaf ("TDD") machine. Long distance charges may apply.
2. Hearing Impaired Assistance enables customers to communicate with deaf, hard-of-hearing, and speech impaired individuals by relaying messages between TDD's and conventional phone users.
Alternate Billing Format
Upon request, TNW will provide invoices in an alternate format for the visually impaired.
Credit and Security Deposit
TNW reserves the right to examine your credit records at any time, whether before or after providing the Services.
TNW shall not be liable for:
1. any interruption or unavailability of the Services, including, without limitation, any interruption or unavailability of emergency 9-1-1 service;
2. any act or omission of any third party including, but not limited to, any other local telephone company, any connecting carrier or underlying carrier or other provider of connections, facilities or services;
3. your conduct, acts or omissions;
4. TNW's failure, for any reason, to activate the Services on the activation date requested;
5. any defacement of, or damage to, your premises resulting from the attachment of any instruments, apparatus or associated wiring and/or the Equipment furnished by TNW, or removal thereof, when such defacement or damage is not wholly caused by TNW's negligence;
TNW reserves the right to modify or change telephone numbers, if such change is required by the Canadian Numbering Association or any other governing body responsible for regulating telephone numbers in Canada. In the event TNW is required to modify or change any telephone number, TNW will not be liable to compensate customer for any costs resulting from such changes.
Customer is solely responsible to maintain the confidentiality of any security codes for customer's voice mail or other accounts.
Equipment Installation, Maintenance and Return Responsibilities
1. TNW may install the Equipment within customer's premises. The Equipment supplied by TNW to customer is to be used solely for use of the Service and will at all times remain the property of TNW.
2. Customer is responsible to supply, at its sole cost and expense, all telephones required for customer's use of the Service, all medical and security monitoring devices, fax machines, and any wiring inside customer's premises which is required to connect to the Service. TNW has no obligation to maintain or repair any facilities or equipment owned by customer. It is customer's responsibility to ensure that any customer supplied equipment is compatible with the Equipment and Service provided by TNW, and customer will be solely responsible if its equipment interferes with or causes the Service to fail for any reason whatsoever.
If customer relocates its office within TNW's serving area and customer wishes to transfer the Service, including customer's current telephone number(s), to the new premises, customer must give a minimum of thirty (30) business days advance notice to TNW' customer service department at 1-800-667-7310 or support@TNWnetworks.com. Customer may only transfer telephone number(s) within the same rate center. The ability to transfer the Service to customer's new premises is dependent on the availability of the Service at the new location and access to the building. If sufficient advance notice is not received, TNW may not be able to provide the Service on the date of customer relocation.
Business Voice Acceptable Use Policy
Unless a customer provides express consent, or disclosure is pursuant to a legal power, all information kept by TNW regarding the customer, other than the customer's name, address and listed telephone number(s), is confidential and may not be disclosed by TNW to anyone other than: a) the customer; b) a person who, in the reasonable judgment of TNW, is seeking the information as an agent of the customer; c) another telephone company, provided the information is required for the efficient and cost-effective provision of telephone service and disclosure is made on a confidential basis with the information to be used only for that purpose; d) a company involved in supplying the customer with telephone or telephone directory related services, provided the information is required for that purpose and disclosure is made on a confidential basis with the information to be used only for that purpose; or e) an agent retained by TNW in the collection of the customer's account, provided the information is required for and is to be used only for that purpose.
In order to provide customers with greater control over their privacy, TNW offers the following privacy enhancing features: Name and Number Display, Name and Number Block, Last Call Return and Call Trace. All of these features may not be available to every customer, and if available, some restrictions may apply. For details on the availability and use of these features please contact our customer service department at 1-800-667-7310 or support@TNWnetworks.com.
If TNW believes, in its sole discretion, that a violation of this Policy (direct, or indirect, including violations by a third party) has occurred, it may take responsive action. TNW is entitled to remove the offending material, establish immediate or temporary filtering, deny access, suspend or terminate TNW Services, or take any other appropriate action, as determined by TNW, in addition to any remedies provided by any agreement to provide TNW Services.
TNW may investigate incidents involving violations of this Policy, and such violations may subject the customer to civil or criminal liability. In the event of a criminal violation TNW will co-operate fully with law enforcement.
The customer is solely responsible for use of their TNW account, regardless if such use occurred without the account holder's consent or knowledge.
TNW may amend this policy at its sole discretion. The continued use of TNW services after an amended policy has been posted here will be deemed as acceptance of the amended policy.
2. PROHIBITED ACTIVITIES
TNW services must not be used for any activity that violates any local, provincial, federal, international or any other applicable law or regulation, including the distribution or storage of materials that are contrary to any applicable law or regulation. Prohibited activities include, but are not limited to: - Infringing copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, patents or any other type of intellectual property; - Posting any content that threatens, advocates, promotes or otherwise encourages violence or which provides instruction, information or assistance in causing or carrying out such violence; - Transmitting offensive materials including obscene, pornographic, indecent, hateful, defamatory or otherwise objectionable material; and - Violating the personal privacy of another individual.
TNW services must not be used to breach the security of any account, network, service, or other system of TNW, or to gain unauthorized access to another network or system. Other security breaches include, but are not limited to: - Attempting to gain access to any other person's computer, software or data, without their knowledge or consent; - Circumventing user authentication or security of any host, network or account ("cracking" or "hacking"); - Interfering with service to any user, host or network ("denial of service attacks") including, but not limited to, mail bombing, flooding of networks, deliberate attempts to overload a service and attempts to crash a host; and - Using or distributing tools designed to compromise security, such as password guessing programs, cracking tools, packet sniffers or network probing tools.
TNW Services must not be used by any customer (or any of their customers) to send messages (including fax and voice traffic) that have the effect of preventing fair and proportionate use of TNW Services by others. Other email violations include, but are not limited to:
- advertising, transmitting, or in any way providing any software, program, product, or service that facilitates a violation of this AUP or is designed to violate the TNW AUP or the AUP of any other Internet Service Provider. - sending unsolicited bulk messages, including, commercial advertising, unsolicited commercial messages, chain letters, charity requests, petitions for signatures and political or religious messages; - sending messages to any user who does not wish to receive it, either to a TNW account holder or otherwise; - Spamming, whereby the customer sends numerous copies of the same or substantially similar messages to many account holders, or sending large or multiple files or messages to a single user with malicious intent; - Spamming indirectly through the use of other service providers or transmitting email or content through other service providers in a way which indicates in any way that TNW was involved in the transmission of such email or content; - Altering the headers of email messages for the purpose of concealing the recipient's or sender's identity, or any other illegitimate purpose; - Operating an unsecured email relay; - Posting binary files to non binary newsgroups; and - Attempting to evade filters of spamming
3. SUBSCRIBER AGREEMENT
The customer will indemnify and hold TNW harmless from any claim brought by third parties relating to the customer's use of TNW Services. The customer must pay and defend all legal costs (including legal fees) arising from such claims. Upon receiving notice, the customer must immediately notify TNW of any claim or potential claim involving their use of TNW Services. Failure to do so gives TNW the right to defend such claims at the customer's sole cost.
TNW makes no warranties of any kind, whether expressed or implied, including any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness of TNW Services for a particular purpose. TNW takes no responsibility for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential, punitive or other damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, loss of use, data, information or profits from delays, non-deliveries, mid-deliveries, or service interruptions, arising out of, or in connection with, customer use or access of any site.
TNW may co-operate with other Internet Service Providers to discourage and resist any abuse of online procedure and policies. In the event that TNW learns that one of its customers is using other networks in an unacceptable way, TNW reserves the right to take corrective action against such customer.
4. CONTENT OF ONLINE MATERIAL
TNW is not responsible for, and shall not be held liable for any damages resultant of any conduct, content, communications, goods and services available on or through TNW Services.
5. PRIVACY OF COMMUNICATIONS
TNW may at all times monitor the performance of TNW Services electronically to ensure its facilities are operating properly.
The customer acknowledges that TNW has the right, but not the obligation, to monitor or disclose the contents of private communications if TNW, in its sole discretion, reasonably believes that such action is necessary: (a) to comply with applicable law or valid legal processes; (b) to protect TNW' rights or property; (c) in emergencies where a person's physical safety is compromised; and (d) to enforce the terms of this policy. TNW is not obliged to inform the customer that such information has been disclosed or will be disclosed.
6. QUESTIONS AND COMPLAINTS
For any customers who may have questions or complaints regarding this Policy, please contact support@TNWNetworks.com.
To report a suspected breach of this policy, please contact support@TNWNetworks.com.